A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Monday, June 24, 2013

I Think I'll Try (Defying Gravity)



It should be pretty clear that I'm not a risk taker.  After all, I'm an accountant - kind of the definition of lame and "safe career choice."  But sometimes you have to try to defy even the laws of nature.  It's why I found Nick Wallenda's walk across the Grand Canyon foolhardy, yet oddly inspiring.  He's crazy, yet I admire him for taking chances. It takes bravery - you don't have guarantees of the outcome and he literally walked without a safety net.  I could not do that, but I need to start letting go of fear and taking chances - otherwise I feel like my life will be wasted.  Time to try defying gravity!

"Defying Gravity" from the musical Wicked

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Are you going to beat Wallenda to tightroping between the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building? That'd show him! :)

    ReplyDelete