A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gollllllllllllll

Don't you love the Spanish soccer announcers' enthusiasm when someone scores a goal?  If only we could have enthusiasm for our goals like that.  Too often it seems like goals are prosaic and dutiful, but not quite exciting.  I thought I would report to you (yes, all two of you) on my progress on my New Year's resolutions that I made all the way back in January.

Turns out, probably the easiest one was the exercise - I am pretty good at getting up early in the morning once I have the habit.  Plus, I'm a cheapskate, and once I pay for a gym I want to use it.

It was harder to actually find the time to watch a movie I hadn't seen.  It wasn't til late in the month that I got around to seeing "The Iron Lady" in the theater.  Margaret Thatcher was one tough cookie!  I also managed to squeeze in "War Horse" - a good sappy movie.

By far the hardest goal is my one of daily prayer.  I need to work on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment