A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Friday, January 27, 2012

Really, Republicans?

Now I'm no Republican (shocking, I know, considering the title of my blog).  But, REALLY, Republicans?  Newt Gingrich?  It reminds me of a funny segment on Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" where Seth Myers and Amy Poehler where they ask: REALLY?!?!

One of the segments is available on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/96392/saturday-night-live-update-thursday-really

I think what irks me about Gingrich is his personality.  I disagree with all the Republican candidates, so it's not surprising that I would not like Newt.  Gingrich has all the downsides of Republican policy positions, with the added non-bonus of being a real jerk and a terrible leader.  I feel like in both his personal and political life, he treats people with contempt, and I think those are qualities that make him unfit to be President.  His demeanor towards others says "I am better and smarter than you, and you are the dirt underneath my shoes."  I think his treatment of his first and second wives is a symptom of this ego-centrism.

So, Republicans, really?  Newt Gingrich?!?!  You are all insane.

1 comment:

  1. I think they're coming to their (relative) senses--it looks like Newt's fading fast in Florida. But yeah, scary that he could ever be a real contender.

    ReplyDelete