A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Friday, October 19, 2012

Autumnal Parable

So this little thought ran through my head as I've been enjoying the autumnal amazingness.  Sometimes you will look at a tree throughout the year, and it looks like a scraggly one.  Kind of a "mangy" look to the tree.  But then, October rolls around, and all of a sudden the tree bursts into a vibrant orange and red.  I drive past the DMV on my way to work, and most of the time it is a depressing place - sometimes with lines outside the door!  But in October, the small trees in and around the parking lot BURST into fire-colored plumage.  I love it, and I love driving by there.

Some people are like those trees.  We look at their outside and think that they are nothing special.  But then we find a moment that is a burst of glory where they show their true colors.  They show that they are beautiful spirits.  Just like you can't judge a book by its cover, or a tree in January, you can't judge people just by a glimpse of them on one day.  There is so much beauty in nature and in people!

I don't have pictures of the trees (imprudent to take pictures while driving), but you can read this old post with lots of pics of autumnal glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment