A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Time is Here again

So this Christmas I'm going to do something I did once on my mission: read all four Gospels in the days leading up to Christmas. I'm going to mix it up, however, and instead of reading the King James version of the bible, I'm going to read the New International Version.

So, I'll be posting verses or thoughts related to that on a hopefully semi-regular basis leading up to Christmas. Today's thought comes from Matthew 3:8, where John the Baptist tells the Pharisees, "Produce fruit in keeping with repentence." A common biblical verse is "by their fruits ye shall know them," and I like the thought that we must produce "fruits" (i.e. works and actions in our lives) that KEEP us in repentance. It's a continual thing, not a one-time "I am saved" kind of thing. That's my thought today - Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment