A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be grateful for. As I told my roommate this morning, it is good to be alive. I'm grateful for life and its many joys! I have been thinking this Thanksgiving about "giving" being part of Thanksgiving. It's right there in the title of the holiday. Ultimately the best way to be truly thankful is not to be thankful you are somehow better than others, but to GIVE what you've been given. We all have something to give - money, time, talents. When you are thankful, think about what you can do with your blessings to bless others. That's my message to you on this Thanksgiving.

Here's a video from Mormon Messages about Thanksgiving - there are so many things to be thankful for, from mac n cheese to God's beautiful creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment