A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Festival of Lights

Maybe it's time to do a Christmas post, as this series of posts about light is ostensibly inspired by Christmas.  This year I decided to make it to the Temple's Festival of Lights early in December, as last year I missed out and didn't get to it at all.  So here are a few pictures, it was beautiful!  My camera is kind of fuzzy when it comes to night pictures, but you get the idea.

I liked how they outlined the trees - they really stand out against the darkness.
So colorful!  Sometimes I like that, and sometimes I feel like I would prefer just the classic white.

The above picture looks like a bit much!  A true "riot of color."
By contrast, the Temple looks so peaceful.

So, making it to the Festival of Lights was great.  Even better, got to go inside the temple and do a session and feel that spirit which urges "peace on earth and goodwill towards men," and even got to attend along with many friends from my ward.  Best of all, saw a college friend who I hadn't seen in years at my session!

If you're in the D.C. area, check out the Festival of Lights - the performance schedule can be found online (click here), along with much better pictures of the Festival.  Even if you can't make it to a concert, check out the beautiful lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment